Biomat USA, Inc. Quality Systems Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Would you like to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to enhance the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company that since 1909 has been working to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are leaders in plasma-derived medicines and transfusion medicine and develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 110 countries and regions.
Quality Systems & Training Manager
Job Code: PO9002
Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent.
Primary Responsibilities for role:
● Maintains oversight of the center’s quality management system and ensures continuous quality improvement, by addressing deficiencies in a timely manner and communicating concerns to the appropriate parties.
● Directs and monitors processes and ensures center compliance with all applicable state, federal, and company-designated regulations. Implements Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for quality control and overall regulatory compliance.
● Maintains oversight of center training program by ensuring compliance to program requirements promoting staff competency in their assigned job duties. Maintains and audits training records and files.
● Collaborates with Center Manager to ensure the donor center operates in a manner which assures product quality, donor suitability and donor safety are maintained.
● Responsible for the personnel functions of the Quality Associate; including direction, assignment of work, hiring, development and training, disciplinary actions, termination, maintenance of personnel records, work schedule and delegation/follow-up of tasks.
● Responsible for oversight of all aspects of internal and external audits including audit preparation, execution, response, implementation of corrective/preventative actions, assessment of corrective actions, and follow-up as required.
● Continuously assesses, promotes, and improves the effectiveness of quality and training systems in the donor center through recognition of trends, investigation of failures in the execution of procedures, and direct observations.
● Documents, investigates, and performs root-cause analysis for deviations and customer complaints, specifically in how they relate to the safety of the donor and the quality of the product.
● Investigates identified trends and performs follow-up on corrective and preventative actions, system implementations, and process improvement plans to measure/determine effectiveness.
● Oversees product and biohazard waste shipments: Ensures shipments meet regulatory specifications and product release requirements; ensures accurate labeling and documentation; and, authorizes final shipment.
● Performs a review of the documentation of unsuitable test results and unit lookback information.
● Performs a review of donor adverse event reports and the applicable related documentation.
● Ensures that job and center annual training (i.e. Advanced cGMP, Blood Borne Pathogen, and others as required) is completed, documented, and on file.
● Performs employee training observations to ensure staff competency prior to releasing employees to work independently.
● Ensures that all supplies and materials ordered meet quality requirements prior to use and are always stored in appropriate temperature/facility conditions. Initiates appropriate investigations if these requirements are not met. Initiates rejection of supplies for non-conformance.
● Determines donor suitability activities and manages donor deferrals as appropriate. Reviews and approves of deferred donor reinstatement activities.
● Prepares quality analysis reports to track issues and set goals. Does in depth research and analysis to resolve systemic compliance issues
● Ensures that Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) proficiency test surveys, complaint investigations, and training have been properly documented.
● Holds monthly Quality Meeting to communicate status updates and manage action outcomes.
Learn more about Grifols (http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home)
Req ID: 507126
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Quality