BPC Plasma, Inc. Lead Phlebotomist - Biomat USA in Gainesville, Florida
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
● Assists in determining the suitability of donors to undergo plasmapheresis prior to venipuncture.
● Responds to and assists with handling donor reactions in accordance with guidelines.
● Monitors donor and equipment to ensure health of donors and quality of product.
● Sets up, disconnects and operates the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all autopheresis troubleshooting displays, documentation of exceptions, etc.
● Ensures the proper calibration and maintenance of autopheresis machines and associated equipment. May be trained to repair plasma equipment.
● Disconnects and disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment.
● Ensures proper cleaning of equipment and work area between donors.
● Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of production records.
● Ensures donor confidentiality.
● Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
● Learns and maintains thorough familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, FDA-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
● Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to area lead, supervisor or manager.
Cross trained and works in other areas to ensure efficient center operations.
High School diploma or GED. Obtains required state licensures or certifications where applicable.
Typically requires 2 years of related experience.
Occupational Demands Form # 74: Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32 degrees F while working in plasma freezer. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments, gloves and cold-gear. Work is performed standing for 6 to 8 hours per day. Bending and twisting neck and waist for 1-2 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Frequent foot movement; may infrequently squat, crouch or sit on one's heels. May walk up to 6-8 hours per day. Light lifting of 15lbs. with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to comprehend and follow instructions to complete assigned tasks. must possess the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. must perform within the guidance of both oral or written instructions. Relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 279098
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing/Healthcare
Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc
- Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Jobs