Biomat USA, Inc. Center Manager in Little Rock, Arkansas
Would you like to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to enhance the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company that since 1909 has been working to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are leaders in plasma-derived medicines and transfusion medicine and develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 110 countries and regions.
Primary Responsibilities for role:
● Responsible for meeting quarterly goals, staffing/hours per labor efficiency standards/cost per liter (CPL) targets and Quality key performance indicators (KPI) goals.
● Create appropriate organizational environment and value systems which stimulate the morale and productivity of the work force and its leadership.
● Operates the center and manages employees and operations to the highest standard of ethics and integrity.
● Manages staff to ensure that training and quality goals are met and to implement operational changes and maximize center efficiency.
● Monitor and evaluate operations. Develop action plans to maximize center efficiency and supervise the implementation of process improvements.
● Manages headcount to provide for efficient staffing through high and low production intervals, providing accurate and timely projections to reg management team in advance of cyclical and seasonal or situational spikes.
● Accountable for the direction of all personnel functions including hiring, assignment and direction of work, development and training, disciplinary actions and termination and the maintenance of all personnel records
● Provides strategic direction and planning.
Other Responsibilities for role:
● Through Assistant Manager, oversees donor selection, plasma collection and shipment and records completion.
● Accountable to insure the adequate training of production employees and demonstrate how tasks are to be performed to meet company standards.
● Accountable for the adequacy of inventory of all goods and supplies necessary for center operations and oversee ordering goods as needed.
● Assure center employees maintain the facility in a neat and clean condition and all equipment is kept in good working order.
● Accountable for freezer management, including overseeing plasma shipments and equipment failures. Required to answer all freezer alarms and deal with them appropriately.
● Develop community representation with regards to all public relations and marketing campaigns to attract and retain donors.
● Maintains thorough familiarity and ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
● Accountable for donor selection, plasma collection and all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production standards in accordance with state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
● Directs through the management team and with Training and Quality staff to ensure that training and quality goals are met.
● Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
● Works with Div/Corp management in the preparation of annual budget and manages facility to consistently achieve production targets and quality goals at the agreed-upon cost structure.
Bachelor’s degree or equiv., preferably in Science, Business, Nursing, Finance, or related field.
Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience in clinical or general business experience. Supervisory experience preferred but not required. Experience in a medical and/or cGMP regulated environment preferred. Experience with plasma or whole blood preferred.
Third Party Agency and Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that present a candidate to Grifols must have an active, nonexpired, Grifols Agency Master Services Agreement with the Grifols Talent Acquisition Department. Additionally, agencies may only submit candidates to positions that they have been engaged to work on by a Grifols Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to a Grifols Recruiter under these terms or they will be considered a Grifols candidate.
Grifols provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic or status protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Learn more about Grifols (https://www.grifols.com/en/what-we-do)
Req ID: 509589
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations Management