Interstate Blood Bank Centrifuge Technician - Interstate Blood Bank in Memphis, Tennessee
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
This position is responsible for the blood centrifuge process, component preparation, and the transfer of
blood products and samples to proper storage. All activities performed by this position are under the
direction of center management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Verifies that the bleed numbers on all components and sample tubes match.
• Performs the daily QC checks, maintenance and cleaning associated with the centrifuge process.
• Centrifuges product per IBBI procedures.
• Performs component preparation on the centrifuged units per IBBI procedures.
• Transfers all products and samples to proper storage.
• Performs all job duties in a safe manner and uses required personal protective equipment.
• Maintains records per IBBI procedures.
• Monitors the storage temperature to verify it is within the specified range.
• Performs cleaning and disinfection tasks according to IBBI procedures and frequency schedule.
• Interacts internally with center IBBI personnel.
• Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Company policies
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
• Performs other duties as may be required/assigned. (Frequently)
• Interacts with vendors and auditors. (Infrequently)
• Interacts with other Interstate centers and with Corporate personnel. (Infrequently)
• High school graduate or equivalent required
• Education and/or experience in a medical field, preferred
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Explicit attention to detail is required
• Must have excellent organization and follow-up skills.
• Must have excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze situations in a timely manner.
• Must have ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
• Must have ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Page 2 of 2 JD-134 -C (0120)
• Must have ability to participate in multi-functional teams.
• Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within Interstate Blood Bank,
Inc. and provide excellent customer service.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/TRAVEL:
• Typical work environment with moderate noise level.
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or crouch, hand/wrist use, talk, see, and hear
for extended periods of time, examples include:
Activity Typical Duties
Reaching Stocks supplies, moves product, packs units and samples
Climbing When needed to remove supplies from shelves
Bending/Stooping/Lifting Removes ice buckets, stocks supplies, moves product, packs units and
Standing Performs routine processing of units and samples, packs units and
Walking Transports units and samples to/from storage
Hand/Wrist Use Records unit information on forms, strips unit tubing, seals unit tubing,
inverts units, opens/closes hemostats
Observing/Seeing color Observes units and samples for color and suitability, observes
temperatures of storage units
Hearing/Listening Listens for timers, alarms, centrifuges, center activity
Talking/Communicating Discusses equipment, unit or sample information
Time Management Processes units and samples, packs units and samples
Focusing Verifies unit and sample bleed numbers match, minimizes distractions
Reading Area temperatures, sample and unit labels, job aids, SOPs, Company
• Ability to work with toxic or caustic chemicals 25 - 50 % of the time.
• Have exposure to outdoor weather conditions (shoveling or salting in the case of snowy weather).
• Ability to read and understand documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, procedure manuals, correspondence.
• Ability to write short correspondence.
• Ability to speak, answer questions, and/or present information in small groups of customers, suppliers,
or employees of the company.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform mathematical operations using units of
US dollars, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to read a calendar, an analog clock, and use a calculator.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables in routine situations.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Daily attendance is required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities
to this job at any time.
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 300928
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing/Healthcare
Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc
- Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Jobs