Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Lead Donor Center Technician in Valdosta, Georgia
Lead Donor Center Technician
Valdosta Plasma Center - Valdosta, GA
Determines donor suitability to undergo plasmapheresis procedure including set up, disconnect, and operation of the automated plasmapheresis machine. Monitors donors ensuring safe and successful plasmapheresis procedures. Assists in the plasma collection process under the supervision of a certified employee and in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures Manual guidelines. May also perform all auto technician operator functions including response and evaluation of all autopheresis trouble shooting displays.
● Conducts pre-donation medical screening in accordance with established guidelines.
● Determines Hematocrit (HCT) and Protein via finger stick and use of the hematastat and refractometer.
● Promotes customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
● Assesses donor suitability and engages in set-up, monitor, and disconnect procedures of the plasmapheresis machine and donors.
● Provides appropriate feedback to ineligible donor candidates.
● Ensures all donor screening information is complete and accurate prior to donation.
● Effectively communicates donor medical information to Medical Staff.
● Ensures donor confidentiality.
● Establishes and maintains donor files in an organized and efficient manner.
● Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records.
● Assists in maintaining a clean, organized and efficient work area, including maintaining supplies necessary to perform job duties.
● Disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment.
● Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
● Performs general administrative duties, including greeting donors in a friendly manner, answering phones, and assisting center management as needed.
● Learns and maintains through familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
● Assists in emergency medical procedures when necessary.
● Maintains and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work areas between donors.
● Reports all equipment, ancillary equipment (beds, carts, etc.) supplies, or facility deficiencies when noted.
● Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to area lead, supervisor or manager.
Additional Responsibilities: Cross trained and works in other areas to ensure efficient center operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Proficient in the level 2 position requirements and works independently. Excellent customer service and organizational skills. Good leadership skills. Ability to understand, explain, follow and enforce SOP’s and protocols. Ability to defuse and resolve in customer complaints in an effective manner. Ability to plan, communicate and execute activities for the improvement of the area operations.
Education: High School diploma or GED. Obtains required state licensures or certifications where applicable.
Experience: Typically requires 2 years of related experience.
Occupational Demands Form # 71: Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32 degrees F while working in plasma freezer. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments, gloves and cold-gear. Work is performed sitting or standing for entire shift, bending and twisting neck and waist for 1-2 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Frequent foot movement; may infrequently squat, crouch or sit on one's heels. Light lifting of 15lbs. with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to comprehend and follow instructions to complete assigned tasks. must possess the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. must perform within the guidance of both oral or written instructions. Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to their occurrence. Relates sensitive information to diverse groups.